Website Family & Children's Services of Lanark, Leeds & Grenville
All interested applicants should forward a current resume and covering letter by May 17, 2021 at 4:30pm to HR at; firstname.lastname@example.org quoting competition; COMP 2021-11.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Family & Children’s Services of Lanark, Leeds & Grenville but we will only contact those selected for an interview.
Family and Children’s Services of Lanark, Leeds and Grenville is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider applications from all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital/family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age or disability.
Family and Children’s Services of Lanark, Leeds and Grenville is committed to providing a barrier free workplace. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
The Supervisor of Legal Support Services guides and manages the delivery of child protection legal services in alignment with the vision, mission, values, and overall strategic objectives of the Agency. The Supervisor of Legal Support Services reports to the Director of Service and serves as a leader for FCSLLG. This is a full-time, one year contract position.
- Provides direct supervision to legal assistants
- Manages job performance issues of legal administrative support staff.
- Assesses, reviews and reassigns workload and assignments as required of legal administrative support staff.
Participate and/or provide leadership to team meetings, staff meetings, training sessions.
- Ensures adequate administrative coverage within the department and in cooperation with other
- Develop, implement, measure, evaluate procedures, programs, practices, guidelines, work routines.
- Implement, monitor, and evaluate an annual service and financial plan in alignment with the corporation’s strategic direction.
- Identify, monitor, report on, and develop plans to mitigate risk.
Reviews file disclosure records completed by legal administrative support staff.
- Develops and implements learning tools and facilitates cross training for legal administrative support staff.
- Ensures a current and accurate job description for the legal administrative support staff.
- Understand and ensure compliance with the corporation policies, procedures, programs, practices, guidelines, and work routines.
- Act as a liaison with community and provincial organizations as required
- Be aware of roles and responsibilities under the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act, Regulations, and the corporation’s health and safety policies and leads and performs duties in a manner that ensures safety at all times.
- Maintains current departmental data and statistics.
- Identifies departmental operational requirements.
- Ensures current knowledge of the Collective Agreement and serves as a liaison to ensure its
- proper application.
- Ensure proper and timely legal documentation is served and filed in accordance with the Family Law Rules and judicial directives.
- Coordinates process server requests as required.
- Ensure proper and timely recordings in CPIN
- Creates and maintains current legal templates accessible to the department and works in collaboration with the department to ensure continuous development and improvement.
- Ensures current knowledge of a number of word processing functions including but not limited
to CPIN, DivorceMate, Microsoft office suite.
- Undertake all other assigned duties as required
- Education: Post-secondary diploma, Paralegal
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Family Law, Children’s Law, and in the Superior Court of Justice
- Previous supervisory experience in an administrative support function.
- Direct experience supporting senior level managers preferred
- Satisfactory Police Records Check
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a reliable motor vehicle with business class liability insurance